Smarter energy consumption is the norm of our times. Mass awareness towards the need of saving energy has been gaining momentum and most companies, whether global or local, have been focused on this. Several benefits flow to the businesses that are particular about practising optimal energy utilization besides the fact that they are contributing to protect the environment. An ISO 50001 certification for your business, would mean better savings and also exhibit better commitment towards the environment. Better savings would come from implementation of energy management system, reducing wastage within your organization. It will also ensure that genuine efforts are duly taken to protect the environment. The efficient team of auditors at IRQS provide end to end assistance ensuring a seamless and easy transition through the certification process. An in-dept audit of existing systems within the organization will cast the blueprint for earning the certification. In the event that the audit reveals that all requirements of ISO 50001 are in place, the team will assess the implementations and proceed with the energy management system quality certification. Certification as per EnMS would mean that your business is managing energy efficiently. It would mean that your greenhouse gas emissions are considerably reduced and that EnMS is helping reach towards meeting environmental targets. Such a certification would prove that your business is a responsible one and keeps energy management as its most important target.
ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement making it easier for organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
1. A significant improvement of the energy performance level from an initial energy baseline.
2. Supports the development of an energy policy and contributes to the structure of an energy plan to achieve set targets.
3. Uses data to better understand and make decisions concerning energy use and consumption
4. Reviews the effectiveness of the energy policy
5. Continually improves energy management
6. Facilitates engagement (commitment and agreement) of management and has a positive contribution towards the energy targets.
7. Creates awareness and a commitment about energy (i.e. consumption, use, efficiency, renewable sources) within the organization.
8. Improves the ability of organizations to manage energy risks concerning possible impacts in an efficient and effective way.
9. Strengthens the competitiveness of organizations and reduces their vulnerability with respect to energy price fluctuation and availability of energy.
10. Allows organizations to gain credible external visibility of energy saving actions.
11. Provides a better understanding between predictable energy demand and supply.
12. Reduces energy costs and improves profitability.